Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A vignette regarding the color blue

Many residents chose  to write about a Christmas memory, Eleanor took the other option and choose to write about a color.  

​On a peaceful summer day, gazing at a cloudless blue sky, I am struck by the serenity of my surroundings.  I remember Gainsborough's beautiful artwork, "Blue Boy."  Bluebirds infiltrate the trees.  Images of forget-me-nots, cornflowers and hyacinths penetrate my brain.  A sense of security settles on the earth protected by the Navy (Navy blue).  I observe a young mother  cuddling  her infant boy, dressed in powder blue.  The world's adversities seem distant while experiencing the cool  and tranquil emotions of a blue environment. 
                                Eleanor Bongiorno

No comments:

Post a Comment